Mangda - leeching of their girlfriends

khunsanuk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of the bargirls have Thai boyfriends, or even husbands. These guys are aware of the the fact that their girlfriend/wife is sleeping with customers, and don't care. They are living off them, much like a parasite, a 'mangda' in Thai.

I personally can't imagine that they really love their girlfriends, and are with them only for the money they receive from them. Money which they might very well spend on fucking other women, or use to support a drughabit.

A lot of these guys work in the same bars as their girlfriends, often as a DJ or tout, or they just hang around outside on their motorbikes (bought by their girlfriends of course).

So, if they are this bad, why do the girls tolerate them?

I don't really have an answer to this, although I do have an assumption. I think that the majority of the bargirls does not really enjoy sleeping with farangs, especially if they are old, overweight, drunk and/or smelly (no offence if you fit that category). They can not really relate to us farangs because of the language-, culture- and often times age-gap.

However, they do want affection, want to be able to talk to a person who can understand them, go out with people in their same age group, and maybe, just maybe even get into a real relationship and have a normal life. And this is where the mangda's come in.

I think that even though the girls are working in the farang-oriented sex-industry and all say "I no like man Thai", that the reverse is true. Most would probably prefer a Thai guy over a farang. Why? Because there will be no cultural and language barrier, and she will probably be more physically attracted to him.

The problem though is that most Thai men would never consider marrying a bargirl, unless they are themselves just as far down the social ladder and might consider her as a meal ticket out of poverty (similar to how a bargirl might look at a relationship with a farang). The kind of guys that work in the sex-industry (either as a tout or DJ, or even as a male prostitute) would certainly fit in this category.

With this in mind, it isn't that surprising that a girl who sleeps with farangs to make money, but is not attracted to them and still has hopes of one day settling down and raising a family, might get attracted to a guy who is in the same low social standing as her, and is probably a lot more attractive to her than her farang customers.

This guy is also most likely gonna be really nice to her, treat her well, and make her all kind of promises. It isn't until later that he will show his true colors, but by then leaving him might not be that easy anymore.

The girl also probably knows that he is not the best catch she could hope for, but in her eyes he is probably one of the better options. Certainly better than marrying a much older farang and having to leave her family behind.

Anyway, all of this is just MHO, and since I am neither a bargirl nor a mangda, I could be completely off target here :)

To me, a lot of the same issues/conditions could be applied to the families of these girls mooching off them as well. In many cases, the family knows damned well what is going on, and either encourages it with requests for more, or else turns a blind eye to it and encourages it with constant requests for more. Sad is, often times the farang in laws of these girls do nothing to stop it, as if thinking to themselves "...well every bhat she earns, is 1 less they hit me up for...maybe they think I am giving the money anyway..." a sick fucked up mess...

• 2 weeks later...
To me, a lot of the same issues/conditions could be applied to the families of these girls mooching off them as well. In many cases, the family knows damned well what is going on, and either encourages it with requests for more, or else turns a blind eye to it and encourages it with constant requests for more. Sad is, often times the farang in laws of these girls do nothing to stop it, as if thinking to themselves "...well every bhat she earns, is 1 less they hit me up for...maybe they think I am giving the money anyway..." a sick fucked up mess...

I'm just a newbie to the scene and have witnessed this first-hand already. Mom calls her 2 or 3 times a day asking when the next money transfer is coming. Pathetic. Quit living off your kids!

Same her with the Roumanian girls working as prostitutes.....Most of them are free (no pimps etc...) but all of them are sending money back to the family -> now I know why western union has special rates for South America and Roumania.....

Pathetic? Nope it is normal for most of rural families to have their children taking care of their parents in their old age......

Of course, some families are more greedy than others.

In my case: The mother sent 3 of her children to uni.

Now the children are helping the mother to buy a house (and the land of course)

My lady is of course helping (and I help too)

and this is very reasonnable......600K bht

Sure, we are the main contributors but we are not alone as the others help too.

It is different from the West but why would we criticize this? If they were all educated middle class families where children do not have to take care of all their old parents needs then we would not even know....as we would not be mongering there anymore

:beer:

PS: Before making silly comments then you should maybe compare social security systems in various countries......And anyway it does not stop you

(or stopped me) from fucking their daughters.

"...It is different from the West but why would we criticize this? ..."

I don't think many/some are criticizing the practice, more the greed of some of the families, and the inability of the girls to really ever get out of debt and or create a viable income for themselves and their families.

To me, there is a difference between a girl who uses her money wisely, creates jobs/income for the family with fish ponds, a business whatever, and a lazy family that just sits around demanding more money and doesn't work at all to help/better themselves with what she provides.

In the case I mentioned, the older sister is married to a farang, they give little or nothing to the family. The younger sister whores and provides almost all. The older sister is perceived as the provider via her farang husband, so she gets all the face. Younger sister resents it, and one day the lid will blow.

Similar to the aforementioned, an almost identicle story, except the younger sister got pissed, told the family what she had been doing, where and how the money was made, and then told them "...NO MORE! I am finished, you think she (older sister) gave you this? good, get it from her from now on..." She married one of her customers, and seems relatively happy. Older sister and her husband could not or would not come up with the demand from the family, marital friction ensued, and ultimately a divorce. Another family ruined by greed. Happens all over the country. Of course not just in Thailand, but that is the matter at hand. And as usual, exceptions do occur.

• 4 weeks later...

In relation that

I had a Stand in Caddie on my usual golf course, 24 yrs, lovely face, No Kids, No "sami"

I asled why: answer : I do not like thai men.

now she was NOT working outside the golfclub, Knew my name off course and also knew I have a GF , so not a move on me, but a honest answer, when aking further she said: drink to much, smoke to much BTF to much...

I hear that a lot, but in the end, a lot of them still end up with a Thai man. Figure if all these girls really hated Thai men, the race would have died out long ago.

What I have heard from a lot of Thai guys is they cannot get Thai girls, because they all want Farangs, because that is where the bhat is...However, many of these guys ARE the guys, or type of guys the girls are bitching about. Truth be told, I am probably just as bad as the Thai guys.

• 1 month later...
What I have heard from a lot of Thai guys is they cannot get Thai girls, because they all want Farangs, because that is where the bhat is...

I find that VERY hard to believe.. Unless you talk exclusively with basket case Sukhumvit-scum guys.

We all know the girls most Farangs go for, and frankly they're not desirable enough for any respectable Thai male to get concerned about.

( Besides, the Farang contingent may actually be needed to fill the gap left by the rampant homo/transsexualism, and by the undesirability of 30-something divorced women with kids. )

Recently, a lovely Thai lady (31 y.o./no kids) married to a low class (no money but a good guy) Thai man.

She ran off with a farang. Why? $$$

Her Thai husband simply said, "...she wants money, let her go...".

After six months, she came back to her Thai husband.

Now, they are all lovie-lovie and she has some $$$.

I see that Thais having a different set of values then what we have in the west.

Will this 31 y.o. run off again? who can say...

Archived