What does "Jai Dee" mean?

I'll take a shot.

She's looking for someone who will take care of her. Yes financially, but much more than that. Spritually for one. You must connect at some higher level. She's looking for someone who will treat her as a human being and not be 'jao-shue.' She doesn't want someone who will look down on her. And typically they expect your consideration of their responsibilities towards family, which generally means some sort of financial support in that direction.

I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface here but experience tells me that these are some of the things my girl is looking for.

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

Jai-dee? It means, “Sucker”…. JUST KIDDING!!!! (International disclaimer, as my friend calls it).

I’ve heard a lot of people make fun of the term, kind of in that above-mentioned way. But I think Lamock has it right. IMHO, even though the girls often refer to some customers as “Jai dee”, and we make fun of them (the girls), they may actually mean it. If you treat them well I’m sure they appreciate it, after all, they’re only human! As much as we demonize some of the industry girls, they are just that…girls. If you treat them well, show a little respect, and most of all treat them like a “normal” girl; the term Jai dee probably is said out of respect for you vs. a way to get a bit more scratch. Always think “Golden Rule” laugh.gif" border="0

Just my opinion… So far no dead water buffalo/need money letters. Just good times and good friends in LoS. Looking forward to getting back!

Nakbin

Yes, we all know it literally means "good heart". But if a Thai girl says to a farang that she is looking for a man with who is "Jai Dee", what does it *really* mean?

Does it mean lots of money to spend on her? Does it mean honest, kind and sincere....etc.??

Does it have one meaning for bargirls and a completely different concept for girls who are NOT sex workers??

What's your take on this well-worn phrase, dudes? crazy.gif" border="0

Nakbin said:

quote:

It means, “Sucker”….

Clearly it has been perverted in many situations to where it means exactly that. It's overuse by bargirls to entice farangs into thinking they're really good people is pretty clear. I'm sure they laugh among themselves at the usage. But the term does have legitimate origins and that is what I was trying to describe.

Unfortunately Nakbin, that Goldent Rule you mentioned has been modified in many cases (in Thailand at least) to: Do unto others before they do unto you.

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

• 2 weeks later...

Well...call me a stupid, maudlin sap (although I know there are tons of other romantics out there, right tough guys?), but Jai Dee is quite a lovely concept. It is the most important thing to me in choosing girls.

I am Jai Dee without being a big spender and when I have girlfriends who are the same and take good care of me, it is great all around!

I think "trustworthy" is a big part of the concept. Do they do what they say they will? Do you? I don't see monagamous as part of Jai Dee either. You can be Jai Dee and butterfly as long as you are caring and honest.

Unfortunately some bar girls will tell you that you are Jai Dee about two minutes after they meet you. Obvious manipulation.

Zane May

Archived