Tailor with Victor in name like that near Nana?

steffi

There is Victor Tailor's (sic) but it is a lot closer to Chinatown/Silom or the Oriental Hotel than Nana. It has been around a long time (30+ yrs) and had an excellent reputation. I had one suit made there and in the last year and they did an all right job after several fittings.

Victor Tailor's

1314 Charoen Krung Rd

02-234-1615

Excellent English spoken by Mr Noi (head tailor?) and Mr.Samay (Indian -owner?)

So it's this place that good? I took a look in there tonight and wasn't that impressed with the fabrics I saw. That said I'm pretty fussy though. I did like a shirt that I saw in there but I wanted to see something like your typical Giorgio Armani wool suit and there wasn't many fabrics that came close to that. He did seem like a very personable gentleman though and claimed that he dresses George W. Bush which IMHO isn't the best selling point in my book. I will say I find their labels a tad loud and I don't like them. Will the make clothing without them? The gentleman I spoke with suggested that $300 buys you a suit that would normally cost something like 2000+ USD.

He did say that the work is done offsite.

I use them exclusively now, after I tried several others.

That said, I'm not very picky.

I'm sure that they will do whatever you want them to do. If you give them a sample of how you want something sewn, they will do it that way for you.

If you're not satisfied, they'll re-do it over and over until you are.

What's the time frame like for getting a suit made? I've owned maybe 2 in my 30 years, none of them custom, so I don't know jack shite about what's involved. Figure it's time I had one made so I can look halfway presentable if an occasion arises. Have heard that it's best to be available for multiple fittings? I'll be in and around Bangkok for a week in March, is that sufficient time?

I usually get my shirts from Victor but have had a couple of suits. These are my everyday suits that I wear in Asia. Probably not top quality but then I do wear them hard and have them dry cleaned a lot.

The time frame is about one week but I guess they can do them quicker if you ask. I am never in a hurry so I dont bother to rush them.

Archived