SUNGLASSES

marmite

Just wondering what sunglasses are available in LOS or if I would be better off buying at home before i come.

Looking for knock-off designer sunglasses of decent quality (Arnettes, Oakleys, Killer Loops etc) as long as they are decent quality and will last for my trip.

Are these available??

I have bought "Copy" of Ray Bans, and they are fine, last etc, but not as good as the real ones in terms of blocking the sun. I have also bought Oakly and have seen many brands around. The copies of Ray Ban I bought in Cambodia (Kao Phra Vihaarn) seem to be better...and CHEAPER! Ray Bans run about 300+bht with bargining, cheaper if you buy many pairs...Plastic frames Oakly maybe 100bht...BARGIN HARD! Many tables on Sukumvit, and one in front of Morning to night on Soi 4 during some days...Pattaya might be cheaper if you are headed that way...

I've seen lots of poor quality fakes, I would not use them, but they may suitable for some folk. Real sunglasses appear to be restricted to the cheaper brands (ray ban's ect) but I have not tried very hard to find the top brands. Price for the real sunnies were around the same price as charged in the UK. I would shop around back home for a good deal (internet site) if I were you. IMO Thailand is not the place to shop for genuine, imported designer items.

I live in Chicago and I remember what it was like trying to buy sunglasses there last summer. There's no comparison with Bangkok. I'm amazed at the selection. Now I'm assuming that in order the stores in the shopping centers they are selling the geniune article but the selection is simply amazing here.

Well if you go to any major shopping center you will find stores carrying Giorgio Armani, Ferragamo, even Mont Blanc (some of those look pretty cool)... amongst others including the very expensive Cartier line. I don't think what I'm seeing in these stores are fakes.

MBK sells obvious fakes for 290 baht and they look good but I'm not sure how long they would last and what protection they offer.

The large optitians stores were selling genuine sunglasses, I never said they didn't, I said the price of the genuine sunglasses were similar to what was being charged in the UK high street and better deals are available on line. There are fakes available all over the place, the ones I looked at were poor quality and I very much doubt the UV protection would be up to standard but they may be decent ones on sale if you know how to spot them. At the time I was trying to find a trade source for genuine Chanel 4017D's but was unable to find an authorised distributor in either BKK or PTY.

Archived