Is Hep B more of a death sentance than HIV?

SingaporeSteve

Chatting with a group of guys last night and one proclaimed that for a westerner with access to treatment for HIV, that Hep B is more serious illness than HIV. Is this correct does anyone know? Couple of people I know have Hep B who play around the scene in Pattaya for sure, but they are not considered as being "out of order" which is the typical reaction to a guy with HIV still playing in the scene.

I'm aware that the medical profession these days seem to consider HIV a chronic manageable illness like diabetes but what of Hep B? Is it really worse than HIV for a guy with full medical treatment options or was this just bar room crap being sprouted?

Any informed opinions welcome and thank god I got a Hep B innoculation 2 years ago :)

Hi,

probably Hep B is worse as long as you live...if you can afford to pay or have insurances paying for AIDS treatment. Personally I'm more afraid of herpes than of AIDS and Hep A or B, but I got Twinrix against both Hep A and B some years ago.

information

elef

I heard that Hep B is like a long term death sentence, as to your quality and duration of life. However, I am no expert.

Fortunately, I contracted it many years ago, before any P4P sanook, and contracted the antibodies to go with it. Thus I am immune to it.

To this day, I do not know how I contracted it. So, it is best to get a preventitive shot for it, if you can.

Ib,

I know a XTBG who got the herpes from her danish husband! Her pussy and his cock are bleeding wounds 3 days every month, their babies are born with herpes and faces are covered with it!

Twinrix is believed now to give a much longer protection than 10 years, maybe lifetime - if longer ::

elef

The OP stated which is 'serious'? Not death sentence...

But between the two.

HEP-B is more serious as it is easier to catch and a more hearty virus as far as outside the body is concerned. For example: dried blood ect.. (aids will not/can not survive outside of the host for a long time).

HEP is more widespread.

BUT....both need to be reckoned with and neither sounds good at all.

stay safe.

cheers,

elef said:

Ib,

I know a XTBG who got the herpes from her danish husband! Her pussy and his cock are bleeding wounds 3 days every month, their babies are born with herpes and faces are covered with it!

Twinrix is believed now to give a much longer protection than 10 years, maybe lifetime - if longer ::

elef

You can get medicine which stops outbreaks of Herpes. Most do not bother to take it, its costly and the affects of Herpes are small. The time when it should be considered, is before birth if you are a woman and IF there is an outbreak then.

Herpes often goes away, during years the symptons mostly gets less.

3 days a month is BS! I will guess once every 4 months or so. It varies though. Stress can bring it on. You will only infect someone during the outbreaks.

To put it short Elef, shut up if you do not know what you are talking about !! ( I do know in this case)

:down:

thai3 said:

I had the jabs two years ago and was told lifetime. Hep B is said to be 100 times easier to get than HIV, just another reason for condom use-peter

An interesting comment about the 100 X easier to catch - I would assume that condoms do not provide full protection against Hep B as I think (but happy to stand corrected) that it can be contracted just by kissing a carrier or even using same toothbrush etc. Pretty scary and I never really gave it much thought until this conversation the other night.

Certainly sounds very wise to get the innoculation for anyone that does not have it already.

The question rasied in my mind is just how widespread is it. With couple of carriers here in just a few replies, sounds like it very common and therefore potentially very easy to catch from a girl even if you use condom 100% of the time.

Archived