generous farangs and thai greed

pattaya127

i have witnessed many cases of just incredible, almost stupid, generosity from farangs, in Thailand or San Francisco. A guy buying his GTG a car, though they just met thru the net, and one week only in LOS. 1 month later, i heard the old guy had no interest in her anymore.

A guy, here in SF, married another GTG, still sends money to her family (thai father police officer) and threw a big party for ALL the neighborood on his last trip, over 200 000bahts in one day. Took parents and brothers to Koh samui after that.

Etc....

Basing the topic on my own opinion that it is indeed this new trend of ubiquitous marks of generosity that changes the stance of thai families or TGFs towards the prospective farang BF or in-law from modest expectations to "keep up with the Johns" ones and makes us cynics. Not a deep-seated greed chromosome in the thai DNA make-up.

Are these guys spoiling it for us? Not just the RTs, but indirectly, about how thais will deal with us (for ex, Immigration)?

You should see the amount some well to do Thai guys spend on their temp GF's, moi noi's etc. Nice new car and a condo or house thrown in. Does that chance the expectations of TG's towards Thai men?

>and threw a big party for ALL the neighborood on his last trip, over 200 000bahts in one day.

It must had been a hell of a party for that money!

For house blessing, my gf had a "party" for all the neighbourhood. I was told it simply had to happen and that we were expected to foot the bill.

They bought and prepared everything themselves, the cost was two thousand baht (!), including what the monks ate and took with them. Other than bottled water and Khao Lao there were no other drinks.

I don't know if it felt modest, my gf said that's how everybody else does it, nothing more was expected.

(The neigbourhood women spent all night cooking God knows how many different meals, all ingredients came from the local market).

At least they do not get called cheap charlie! As I have said, some falangs seem to honestly believe paying more, or in this case, a lot - is the proper thing to do. For those who believe so, go for it.

You use the word greed..... should have used GREED.

Sometimes it beggers belief. I was, in the early days always happy, when going up country, to take up a few bottels of JW and cartons of Marlboro Reds.

What is it with some people. ...... You have just handed over a full 2 carton's (ten packets of fags in each), the whiskies flowing (so much so that some people think its quality stuff and therefore it must be drunk at break neck speed), I run out of smokes and they dont have the decency to offer me one. It is expected that your fucking Phillip Morris and you have a bag full on your person...... thats Greed :: :D :D :D:(

p127,

pattaya127 said:

i have witnessed many cases of just incredible, almost stupid, generosity from farangs, in Thailand or San Francisco. ....

Are these guys spoiling it for us? ...

No, but they are putting a few girls out of reach. Those are the girls who I wouldn't have wanted anyway.

Grabii

Archived