Golf Courses Closest to Sukhumvit

Any recommendations for good golf courses that one can get to easily from Sukhumvit area? The BKK courses I've played were all quite a distance out, which made getting a return taxi difficult- that combined with the traffic and distance made 18 holes of golf an all-day excursion.

I've found the best Thai golf in Phuket, Hua Hin and Chaing Mai (topography and land availability are much better than BKK, of course), but would like some places to play in BKK as I usually spend at least 3 or so days in Bangkok on my Thailand trips.

The Muang Kaew green and caddie fee recently went up to 1370B with discount card as they have changed to Canadian management. Very nice course if you like Bermuda grass (which I don't) and the closest to Bangkok's south east side. Also worth a look are Green Valley just down the road from Muang Kaew, Lakewood at BangNa Km19 and Kiarta Thanee at km29 (cheapest). I also tried Thana City near Muang Kaew but found it rather run down for the price.

The nearest driving range I can think off is the Suk Soi42 one near Prakanong BTS.

Check out www.thaigolfer.com or www.thailandgolfparadise.com

for details.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Aree Golf on Suk 26 (between Sukhumvit and Rama IV and more closer to Rama IV). This is near Emporium BTS (Phrom Phong station). Double deck range with automatic ball dispensers - beverage/food service available while you practice or at a small restaurant on site.

Easiest way to get there is get in the taxi and ask to be taken to Aree Golf on Sukhumvit Soi 26. Or take the BTS to Phrom Phong station and then take a taxi or get on a motobike taxi on the corner of Suk 24. Also have a couple of large golf stores nearby.

Great place to be in the weekday afternoon ... a lot of Thai, Japanese and Korean wives practicing :hubba:

Aree Golf info from www.thaigolfer.com

There is a driving range on Suk 18 but it's not as nice in comparison.

Archived